Almost to our goal!
Dear Equine Outreach Supporters,
Thank you to everyone who stopped by the ranch for our ASPCA Help a Horse Day Open House or at our booth at the High Desert Horse Expo. Between those two events, and the many donations that came in via check and PayPal in the last month, we are thrilled to share that our Spring Fundraising Campaign is at 70% of our $20,000 sixty-day goal! With your continued generous support, we know we can blow away our goal.
Last week, our grant writing team completed the application for a $25,000 grant from the ASPCA for Help a Horse Day, so wish us luck as we patiently wait until the end of June to hear the outcome. The 5 runner-up prizes of $10K and $5K would even be a great help, but thanks to the efforts of our amazing volunteers, we are pretty confident we checked all the boxes in the judging rubric and have a great shot at the Grand Prize.
Thanks for the continued support!
Mary, Nancy, Mark & Bill
Equine Outreach Board of Directors
P.S. Continued thanks to Kate Mehmet from Kya Photography for the beautiful pictures of the horses.
We have received $14,003 in donations so far - thank you!
Our goal to put us on solid ground is to raise $20,000 by June 10th.
We Currently Need:
• Fly Masks - Fly season is starting!
We have a few masks, but old, ill-fitting ones can rub sores and can cause eye injuries. We really need some new masks to be donated.
• Grain - We need grain or financial help on our grain account at Central Oregon Feed and Irrigation or Central Oregon Feed and Pet. The elderly horses here rely on this resource.
• Hay - If you know of anyone who needs to clear out their hay barn, please have them contact us, or simply donate to our hay fund.
• Help picking pens - This daily task is mandatory for the horses' health and comfort, and it's great exercise for our volunteers too!
• Wood chips / shavings - The horses need fresh bedding in their shelters. Do you have some shavings you can donate?
> See also: Our WISH LIST page...