EOI Horses & Ranch Hands Need Your Help!
It's been a cold and snowy winter so far! Our two on-site ranch hands, Cheyenne and Wendy, could use all the help they can get keeping water troughs full and clear of ice, the shelters clean, and the horses well fed with hay. CURRENT VOLUNTEERS: Please bundle up and get out to the ranch to help!
NEW VOLUNTEERS: For anyone who would like to start volunteering at EOI, we have a New Volunteer Orientation coming up this Saturday, January 21st at 10:30am. We'd love to see you there!
Here’s How to Save More Horses this Year
Here’s what ASPCA will cover in this free, online webinar:
Show Support for Oregon's Wild Horses
Current Critical Needs:
• Blankets - All of our horses who can be blanketed currently have one on, but they will need to be switched out for clean ones soon.
• Donations for hay - Taking care of 75+ horses means we are feeding about a ton of hay a day!
• Firewood - To keep our pipes from freezing and our volunteers & barn cats warm.
• Help picking pens - This daily task is mandatory for the horses' health and comfort, and it's great exercise for the humans too!
• Wood chips / shavings - The horses need fresh bedding in their shelters for warmth. Do you have some you can donate?
See our WISH LIST for other needed items...