Our Sweet Helen Has Braved Another Challenge
Last Thursday, Helen had surgery to remove the cancer in her left eye that had infiltrated her third eyelid. The surgery was successfully performed by Dr. Martin Warbington of Tumalo Animal Hospital, and Helen is now doing well.
Helen is a founding member of Equine Outreach, and a rescue from the Millican seizure. She's a registered running Quarter Horse and is 26 years old. Helen was going to be euthanized in Millican, but saving her and her colt was one of the amazing experiences that inspired the foundation of Equine Outreach Horse Rescue almost 15 years ago.
With a little help from our Supporters, we are giving Helen the best care possible.
If you can Sponsor Helen with an ongoing gift, that helps even more!
Your Donations / Subscriptions are tax-deductible. Tax ID# 51-0484049
Time For a Good Spring Cleaning at the Ranch
Thanks in large part to the teenagers from the Oregon Youth Challenge Program, the ranch has been getting a Spring clean-up.
CURRENT VOLUNTEERS: Please grab your boots and gloves and come out to EOI to help. We need everyone who can to lend a hand.
NEW VOLUNTEERS: For anyone who would like to start volunteering with us, our next New Volunteer Orientation will be Saturday, April 15th at 10:30am. Come join our great team of people helping horses!
Saved From Starvation, Feather Is Improving
Your donations give these horses a second chance...and you get a tax deduction. EOI is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Tax ID# 51-0484049
Current Critical Needs:
• Firewood - To keep our office pipes from freezing overnight, and keep our volunteers and barn cats warm on cold mornings.
• Grain - We need grain or financial help on our grain account at Central Oregon Feed and Irrigation or Central Oregon Feed and Pet. The elderly horses here rely on this resource.
• Hay donations - Caring for 80 horses means we're feeding about a ton of hay a day! Please donate what you can to our hay fund or share with us any extra hay you may have.
• Help picking pens - This daily task is mandatory for the horses' health and comfort, and it's great exercise for our volunteers too!
• Wood chips / shavings - The horses need fresh bedding in their shelters. Do you have some shavings you can donate?
> See also: Our full WISH LIST page...